Canon Australia Bring your curiosity Promotion
Terms and Conditions
- Participation in this Canon Australia Bring your curiosity Promotion supported by Tourism Tasmania (Promotion) is deemed acceptance of these Terms. Information and instructions on how to participate form part of these Terms.
- 2. The Purchase Period starts on 1 July 2018 and closes 31 August 2018 (Purchase Period).
- 3. The promotion is only open to individual Australian residents who are 18 years of age or over, and who are not employees (or their immediate family members) of the Promoter, its related companies or agencies associated with this Promotion who make an Eligible Purchase from the Canon Australia Online store (https://store.canon.com.au) (Participants). Participants under the age of 18 must have the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter this Promotion and to agree to its Terms.
How to Enter
- During the Purchase Period, Participants must purchase any camera, camera kit or camera bundle from the Canon Australia Online store (https://store.canon.com.au) (Eligible Purchase). After payment, each order will automatically equate to one Entry (Entry).
- One Entry per order. Multiple Entries are permitted.
- The prize is a $5,000 TasVacations voucher redeemable at the TasVacations website http://www.tasvacations.com (Voucher).
- The Voucher is valid for 12 months from 1 October 2018.
Claiming the Prize
- A draw will take place on 9.00am (AEST) 10 September 2018 at the head office of the Promotor, The Park Estate, 5 Talavera Road, Macquarie Park NSW 2113, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The first valid Entry drawn will win the Voucher.
- The Winner will be notified via email and phone call within two days of the prize draw and their name will be published on 12 September 2018 the Canon Store page http://www.store.canon.com.au/tasmania/termsofsale.
- The Winner may be required to provide personal information (such as a home address) in order to claim the Voucher.
- If the Winner does not claim its prize by the time indicated by the Promotor in the notification, or if a Winner cannot be contacted as specified in these Terms, or cannot provide suitable proof as to Eligibility, or compliance with these Terms, it will forfeit the Voucher.
- If the Winner forfeits the Voucher, a secondary draw may take place at 9.00am (AEST) 17 September 2018 at the head office of the Promotor, The Park Estate, 5 Talavera Road, Macquarie Park NSW 2113, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The Winner will be notified via email or phone call within two days of the secondary draw and their name will be published on 19 September 2018 on the Canon Store page http://www.store.canon.com.au/tasmania/termsofsale.
- The Voucher, or any unused portion of a Voucher, is not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
Participant's Warranties and Indemnity
- Canon is not liable to Participants for any all costs or claims arising from a breach of these Terms.
- Each Participant is fully responsible for any costs required for or associated with an Entry (eg. Internet access). To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promotor excludes any liability for such Entries or any costs borne by the Participant relating to such Entries.
Conditions that may Invalidate Entries, Participants or the Promotion
- The Promotor reserves the right to disqualify any Entry where it reasonably suspects that the Entry fails to comply with relevant law, breaches these Terms, or the Participant has failed to meet the Eligibility criteria.
- If the Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated by the Promotor, the Promotor reserves the right to the fullest extent permitted by law and subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion.
- The Promotion is forfeited if:
a. the Eligible Purchase is returned under the Promotor’s ‘Peace of Mind’ policy; or
b. the transaction is rejected for any reason by the Promotor.
Collection of Personal Information
- The Promoter uses a commercially reasonable level of skill and care in providing the Promotion digital platforms and running the Promotion. However, as with any digital service, the Promoter cannot guarantee that these will be live or error free at all times.
- Nothing in these Terms limits, excludes, modifies, or, purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as other implied warranties under any legislation in Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) – whether direct, indirect, special or consequential – arising in any way out of the promotion, including (without limitation) out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any Entry that is late, lost, altered or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the control of the Promoter; or (d) any tax liability incurred by a Participant.
- All money amounts in these Terms are in Australian Dollars inclusive of GST.
- If any provision of these Terms is unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be severed from these Terms and the remaining Terms will remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms are governed by the laws in New South Wales. All Entrants submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New South Wales.
- The Promoter is Canon Australia Pty Ltd of Building A, The Park Estate, 5 Talavera Road Macquarie Park NSW 2113 (ABN 66 005 002 951) Ph: 13 23 53 (Promoter).
- Permit No. LTPS/18/25865.
Note: The Terms state that each Entry equates to one Entry. You can increase your chances by making multiple orders. For example, if you are ordering several cameras, purchase them separately to increase your number of Entries.